Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Peculiar Procrastination

I am a very good procrastinator when there's something that I don't want to do.  Even sometimes when there is something that I do want to do.  I quite enjoy writing this blog, for example, and yet for weeks it has been neglected.  Though to be fair, it has been the busy Christmas time and blogging would have been procrastinating.

At one point in the frantic few weeks gone by, I found myself with too much to do: dishes, folding laundry, ironing, vacuuming, it all needed to be done.  So I set to work and.... ironed the little boy's cloth diapers.  I had just gotten a new iron and was excited.  I didn't do the actual ironing, but my! did those diapers look swish.  They were all perfectly folded as well.  And even when the boy started fussing, I didn't run away from the ironing board and my aberration of character.  No, I moved it so he could see me and proceeded to make faces.  He was entertained and a couple dozen diapers were pampered (haha!).

That was my peculiar procrastination.  I normally just get caught on the internet or in a good book, but sometimes the cleaning frenzy strikes.

How do you procrastinate?

Oh and Happy New Year!

New Year's Resolution: write on the blog at least once a week. Actually, I have more than one resolution, but that is none of your beeswax.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an interesting form of procrastination.
    Me, today, as the roads are closed around my house, I have shoveled the snow. Not a bad thing to do, and certainly not a form of procrastination, as it will be helpful in case I am able to leave my house. I am sure that my list of things to do while snowed in will stay nearly as long as it is at this point of the morning. We'll see what sort of fun I'll get up to while I wait for the road clear!

    I also like your new year's resolution. I may piggy back on that and try to blog once per week as well...maybe I'll try to write before you each week!

    ReplyDelete