Updated with answers. Purplish is correct. Orange is still waiting for friends. Because orange is the colour of loneliness (ref TBBT).Hello again!
I have about 17 things that I should be writing (conservative estimate) and probably 26 other things in general that call out to be done, but I'm tired (see other non-written posts for details). So instead, let's play a game again!
In this game, I post what I consider to be lesser-known quotes from movies. You list as many as you can in the comments section, but without cheating. Today we will have some special bonus quotes which are from books. Ooh, fancy!
1. "I got gum on my seat. Gum!" Speed
2. "I won't think about that now, I'll think about it tomorrow. After all, tomorrow is another day!" Gone With the Wind
3. "I now pronounce you man and wife. Proceed with the execution." The African Queen
4. "We were one date away from a Greek tragedy." Soapdish
5. "There was another Bill. An evil Bill. And I killed him." Twister
6. "Oh, Morgan. Why did you make me shoot you? I said I would if you brought those sheep on my land." Montana
7. "Bad dates." Indian Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
8. "Name one thing we're going to need this stupid [expletive deleted] rope for." The Boondock Saints
9. "Oh Jerry, don't lets ask for the moon. We've got the stars." Now Voyager
10. "Why couldn't it be 'follow the butterflies'"? Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
11. "Oh, you both have layers...What about cake? Everybody loves cake." Shrek
12. "There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that." The Shawshank Redemption
13. [Sung] "And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind." The Lion King
14. "Whoops. Look at me, your very own Greek statue." My Big Fat Greek Wedding
15. "I want to reward you with five minutes uninterrupted eye contact." Baby Mama
16. "Never trust a bunny." Hoodwinked!
17. "I gave you my mind, blindly." The Phantom of the Opera
18. --"She told me about the letters."
--"Letters? What letters?"
--"The letters. She told me about them. I know all about the letters. How do you think I know? She told me. That's how I found out." The Man Who Knew Too Little
19. "Listen! Do you smell something?" Ghostbusters
20. "Do I look like I own tights?" Step Up
21. "Are you okay? I mean, be a man. Rub some dirt in it." She's the Man
22. "And we was like peas and carrots again." Forrest Gump
23. "I'm not much of a dancer, but this looks like screw in the lightbulb and pat the dog." Bride and Prejudice
24. [Sung] "Home is behind, the world ahead... And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight... Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade... all... shall... fade... " LOTR: Return of the King
25. "Do I get my meat?" Must Love Dogs
26. "I'm Benny, he's the Jets." 27 Dresses
27. "I know a joke...it's funny because the squirrel dies." Up
BONUS: Obscure Book Quotes
28. It struck me as pretty ridiculous to be called Mr Darcy and to stand on your own looking snooty at a party. It's like being called Heathcliff and insisting on spending the entire evening in the garden, shouting "Cathy" and banging your head against a tree. Bridget Jones' Diary
29. A last note from your narrator. I am haunted by humans. The Book Thief
30. It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in position of good fortune, must be in want of a wife. Pride and Prejudice.