Saturday, March 31, 2012

Obscure Movie Quote, Part Two

Updated with answers.  Purplish is correct.  Orange is still waiting for friends.  Because orange is the colour of loneliness (ref TBBT).

Hello again!


I have about 17 things that I should be writing (conservative estimate) and probably 26 other things in general that call out to be done, but I'm tired (see other non-written posts for details).  So instead, let's play a game again!


In this game, I post what I consider to be lesser-known quotes from movies.  You list as many as you can in the comments section, but without cheating.  Today we will have some special bonus quotes which are from books.  Ooh, fancy!


1.  "I got gum on my seat.  Gum!"  Speed


2.  "I won't think about that now, I'll think about it tomorrow.  After all, tomorrow is another day!" Gone With the Wind


3.  "I now pronounce you man and wife.  Proceed with the execution." The African Queen


4.  "We were one date away from a Greek tragedy." Soapdish


5.  "There was another Bill.  An evil Bill.  And I killed him." Twister


6.  "Oh, Morgan.  Why did you make me shoot you?  I said I would if you brought those sheep on my land." Montana


7.  "Bad dates." Indian Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark


8.  "Name one thing we're going to need this stupid [expletive deleted] rope for." The Boondock Saints


9.  "Oh Jerry, don't lets ask for the moon.  We've got the stars."  Now Voyager


10.  "Why couldn't it be 'follow the butterflies'"? Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets


11.  "Oh, you both have layers...What about cake? Everybody loves cake." Shrek


12.  "There's not a day goes by I don't feel regret. Not because I'm in here, or because you think I should. I look back on the way I was then: a young, stupid kid who committed that terrible crime. I want to talk to him. I want to try and talk some sense to him, tell him the way things are. But I can't. That kid's long gone and this old man is all that's left. I got to live with that." The Shawshank Redemption


13.  [Sung] "And it hurt that my friends never stood downwind." The Lion King


14.  "Whoops. Look at me, your very own Greek statue." My Big Fat Greek Wedding


15.  "I want to reward you with five minutes uninterrupted eye contact." Baby Mama


16.  "Never trust a bunny." Hoodwinked!


17.  "I gave you my mind, blindly." The Phantom of the Opera


18.  --"She told me about the letters."
     --"Letters? What letters?"
     --"The letters. She told me about them.  I know all about the letters.  How do you think I know? She told me.  That's how I found out." The Man Who Knew Too Little


19.  "Listen! Do you smell something?" Ghostbusters


20.  "Do I look like I own tights?" Step Up


21.  "Are you okay? I mean, be a man.  Rub some dirt in it." She's the Man


22.  "And we was like peas and carrots again." Forrest Gump


23.  "I'm not much of a dancer, but this looks like screw in the lightbulb and pat the dog." Bride and Prejudice


24.  [Sung] "Home is behind, the world ahead... And there are many paths to tread. Through shadow, to the edge of night, until the stars are all alight... Mist and shadow, cloud and shade, all shall fade... all... shall... fade... " LOTR: Return of the King


25.  "Do I get my meat?" Must Love Dogs


26.  "I'm Benny, he's the Jets." 27 Dresses


27.  "I know a joke...it's funny because the squirrel dies." Up


BONUS:  Obscure Book Quotes


28.  It struck me as pretty ridiculous to be called Mr Darcy and to stand on your own looking snooty at a party.  It's like being called Heathcliff and insisting on spending the entire evening in the garden, shouting "Cathy" and banging your head against a tree. Bridget Jones' Diary


29. A last note from your narrator.  I am haunted by humans. The Book Thief


30.  It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in position of good fortune, must be in want of a wife. Pride and Prejudice.

12 comments:

  1. 10- HP & CoS
    19- Ghostbusters
    24- Return of the King

    ReplyDelete
  2. 10- Harry Potter
    11-Shrek
    13-Lion King

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 - I think Kill Bill? (don't know which volume)
    11 - Shrek
    13 - Lion King
    24 - Return of the King

    I've read number 30....but I don't know for sure which book it's in :o(

    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Speed
    5. Twister
    10. HP2
    11. Shrek
    13. Lion King
    17. Phantom of the Opera*
    23. Bride and Prejudice
    24. LotR 3
    26. 27 Dresses
    27. UP
    30. Pride and Prejudice

    Now I will admit to cheating on 17, as I could totally hear it in my head, but couldn't add a face or location and it was driving me nuts..

    -Terra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job so far, everyone! A help hint: 2, 3, 6 and 9 are all classics and therefore at least 60 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) Speed
    7) Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark
    11) Shrek
    12) Shawshank Redemption
    16) Hoodwinked
    18) The Man Who Knew Too Little
    19) Ghostbusters
    22) Forrest Gump
    27) UP

    Looks like I didn't add much to the list of known ones....

    Oh well.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  7. My guesses for Movie quiz, part deux
    1. Speed
    2. ?
    3. Robin Hood
    4. ?
    5. ? I should have movie night with you, catch up on some of these movies I don’t know
    6. ?
    7. ?
    8. Grrr… Some of these I think I should know!
    9. ?
    10. LOTR ?
    11. Shrek
    12. ?
    13. The Lion King
    14. ?
    15. ?
    16. Hoodwinked
    17. The Phantom of The Opera
    18. The man who knew too little
    19. Another I think I should know…hmpf
    20. Men in Tights?
    21. ?
    22. Forrest Gump
    23. Bride and Prejudice
    24. Return of the King LOTR
    25. ?
    26. ? 27 Dresses?
    27. Up
    28. ? Bridget Jones’ Diary?
    29. ?
    30. Pride and Prejudice
    Wow- I was horrible this time. Sorry sweetie! I will attempt to watch more of these, likely. If they are at mom and dad's I'll borrow them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 10 was boggling me, sorry I got it wrong, it's very obvious now that I read the answer!! I can hear Ron saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (just Ev adding in some that people have missed)

    2. Gone with the Wind
    6 and 7 I'm sure I know...
    14 My Big Fat Greek Wedding
    15 Baby Mama

    Is 9 from State Fair?

    This was fun--I knew LOTS but not all--some I haven't even seen! Tell me, dear, what was 8? I'm sure I know it...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I *should* have known "Must Love Dogs"--goodness knows I've seen it before!n :)
    Hugs--Ev

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have had a quote in my head for quite some time and pretty sure it's got to be from some random movie. The quote (if I'm even quoting it right)is what I believe to be spoken by an Asian guy (maybe/maybe not). It seems that he was being bullied like while working as a store clerk or something. Anyway, the quote (as far as how I hear it in my head is, "That's ah for you!" The line may even be repeated by same character a moment later. It's become a silly catch-phrase between me and my friend. Driving me crazier than having a song stuck in my head, though! Anybody got a clue? I'll be astonished and relieved if anybody can actually identify where this is from. Thanks! - Doug

    ReplyDelete