Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Hmm

As I sat behind my son in the children's message, I was slightly amused to see him hold hands with a six year old girl.  "Aww," my brain sighed as I looked at the overwhelming cuteness ahead of me.  Then I thought something more foreboding, "this won't be so cute in 12 years."

I used to try so hard to make sure our son didn't eat toys that hit the ground, the dirt, the kitchen floor.  I sterilised toys wash them frequently.  And then I wonder why.  Why go to all this bother when he likes to chew on the rental car seat, a friend's shoe, and - just yesterday and thankfully not certainly - a dead bug?

Why do I have so much to blog about and no time to do it?  He's just one small person!

Hmm...

2 comments:

  1. ah yes. And the time, it keeps disappearing...I never have time for the housework...sterilizing toys--that would be a good thing...my 4yo *still* puts random items in her mouth. Yesterday at the rec. centre, K & N had gymnastics. I had random halloween candy in my pocket (as mothers ought to, right?!) so I gave one to N, one to K, and one to M. N dropped hers on the filthy floor at the rec centre and before I could stop her, she picked it up popped it in her mouth--just for a split second and I had her throw it out, but still. Why sterilize?! It's phenomenal what they get into and yet we still try to protect them from the evil germs.

    I still remember seeing a mom with a baby in a stroller and a toddler hanging onto her leg, walking around in mall. The baby's soother fell out of its mouth and onto the ground. Without a second thought, the mom picked up the soother, stuck it in *her own* mouth and then returned it to the baby's mouth. I was utterly horrified, but now that I think of it I can see her perspective--"a few germs or screeeeeeaming for hours?"....

    Hugs Reba! xxoo
    Ev

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is such a tension between blogging about the great things of motherhood and then stopping to experience those great things! :) I feel it every day!
    (Not to mention the not so great things- those can be blogged too!)

    ReplyDelete